- Legal proceeding from the spoken word into a document format or a printed format.
- During courtroom proceedings, legal transcription is performed by licensed court reporters by our expert stenographers.
The Transcription services team at Karasch & Associates
The industry of legal transcription and Audio transcription is growing rapidly. A legal transcription service includes:
- The transcription of depositions, testimonies, official court hearings, interrogations, client letters, legal briefs as well as general legal correspondence.
- The source material for legal transcription ranges from audio tapes to digital recordings to video and converting to text.
- Most of the legal professionals also still rely on direct dictation to a translator for various documents.
Manual Legal transcription works like any other type of professional transcription service
The transcribers first reviews the source audio or video material. The transcriber carefully listens to the source material and writes to a document format. Each transcription has to be accurate to the task. If the source material is an interrogation or a court proceeding, the nuances of speech patterns and grammatical inconsistencies of conversational speech will remain. However, if the end product is a legal document, brief or letter, all attention will be paid to grammar, correct legal wording and phrasing as well as professional documentation.
After the legal transcription is finished
It may then be reviewed and proofread by one or more persons to ensure accuracy and/or grammatical integrity of the legal transcription. Once the transcription is proofread, it is returned to the client in the desired format. If requested, the legal transcription can be delivered in multiple digital formats as well as printed documents. The transcript is also archived within the transcription agency securely and indefinitely for the benefit of the client.
Generally, a legal file is completely transcribed within 1-2 days of time. However, in few cases there may be certain larger projects/hearing or bulk files that are more time intensive and may require more time &resources. In cases like these, a one to two week turn around time is required. It is a general rule of thumb in legal transcription & audio transcription that turnaround time is dependent upon the size of the project/hearing.
The benefits of legal transcription
The biggest benefit includes saving time by cutting overhead costs, improving work flow and shortening turn-around times. Customization is also a benefit. Customers can create a certain look and feel to their transcripts. Legal transcription also assists with work productivity by eliminating the necessity for administrative departments to carryout transcriptions those departments can concentrate on more crucial, day to day, administrative tasks.
Legal transcription & Audio Transcription is performed by professionals who have a strong command over English.